Army National Guard
$26.52 to $30.94
Open & closing dates
$26.52 to $30.94 per hour
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S., and excepted service employees.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
LOCATION: NGLA-JLO-MD (UTES-V), SLIDELL, LA
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The primary purpose of this position is to perform field and sustainment maintenance and repair on moderately complex electronics equipment and systems.
Open Areas of Consideration: 1
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Warrant Officer (CW3 and below) and Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
NOTICE: THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRED ALL EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL PERSONS HIRED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
Learn more about this agency
Duties & Responsibilities:
(1) Performs troubleshooting and routine repairs on individual components and moderately FORcomplex systems of launch pod/containers (LP/C), trainer rocket simulator modules, Missiles/Launchers Pod Assemblies (M/LPA), trainer missile simulator modules, and various like items. Troubleshoots carrier electrical and power distributions systems components of the weapon system or equipment being repaired. Isolates faulty assemblies, cables, wiring harnesses and modules to component level for repair or replacement. Performs initial and final checks and may perform inspections when required on equipment being repaired.
(2) Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and malfunctions, removes, installs, tests, maintains, modifies, performs alignments and troubleshoots the electronic, electrical, modules, and interconnecting cables of a variety of combat and tactical, and communication equipment. This equipment has moderate or limited complexity to include multi-channel very high frequency (VHF) or ultra high frequency (UHF) transmitters or receivers, power supplies, and multilayered printed circuit boards. Repairs or replaces chassis mounted components on Unit Under Test (UUT). Performs Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) operations for fault isolation on electronic modules, circuit cards and assemblies, and similar items to component level. Replaces faulty components on UUT printed circuit boards and power distribution systems. Utilizes oscilloscopes, signal generators, digital multi-meters, and other test equipment to locate, diagnose, and repair malfunctions.
(3) Performs field and limited sustainment maintenance to include installation, routine maintenance, repair, and overhaul of fixed and mobile operational communication and electronics systems, e.g., shelter mounted AM radio and teletype systems, shelter mounted single side band radio and teletype systems, shelter mounted radio relay and terminal systems, other moderately complex systems, peripheral equipment, and related test equipment, and Modification Table Of Equipment (MTOE) authorized automation equipment. Repairs, aligns, and adjusts infrared night vision sights, optical sights, and traversing units. Removes and replaces defective electrical, electronic, and mechanical components. Conducts inspections, diagnoses nature and extent of equipment malfunction. Determines whether equipment may be economically repaired or declared unserviceable. Performs required maintenance to restore to a serviceable condition various types of tactical computers, radio sets, and similar items. Repairs or recommends for salvage defective components or assemblies. Isolates and diagnoses cause of circuit/component malfunction using signal string lists, schematics, standard, special and electronic Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) or repair equipment. Uses associated field maintenance equipment in analytical maintenance procedures. Installs and applies equipment modifications when directed.
(4) Uses various types of test equipment to include systems test sets and stands such as AN/GRM-122s, frequency meters, standing wave indicators, oscillators, ohmmeters, voltmeters, resistance bridges, and signal generators to localize trouble by component unit, by circuit within a component, and by element of a circuit. Uses special and common hand tools, power tools, and gauges to make intricate repairs.
(5) Performs administrative functions in establishing and maintaining maintenance records on equipment maintained or repaired. Assists in the preparation of requests for required repair parts.
(6) May conduct or be involved in a Maintenance Assistance and Instruction Team (MAIT) or act as an inspector on a Command Maintenance Evaluation Team (COMET) on electronic, automation, communication, and equipment. Provides technical assistance and instruction to units throughout the state so that they will be able to operate at the desired level of proficiency.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
Job family (Series)
2604 Electronics Mechanic
Electrical And Electronics Repairers, Relay
Electrical Repairers, Relay
Electronics Repairers, Relay
Radio Equipment Repairers
Relay Electrical And Electronics Repairers
Repairers, Electrical, Relay
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade prior to the effective date of placement. Selectee must also be in a compatible military assignment (MOS/AFSC) prior to or within one year of placement.
Military Grades: WARRANT OFFICER (CW3 and below) & ENLISTED
Compatible Military Assignments: WO (CW3 and below) = CMF: 25, 29, 91, 94, 14;
ENL = CMF: 25, 94, 13D, 13M, 13P, 13R, 14E, 14Z, 15E, 29E, 35T, 91A, 91F, 91G, 91H, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X, 91Z;
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
***LOUISIANA NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS - Acceptance of this position may result in the loss of contracted incentive(s). For further details, contact the LANG State Incentive Manager, at (504) 278-8116 (ARMY) 391-8336 (AIR FORCE). ***
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must have experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of electrical or electronic theory, knowledge of common testing procedures, skill in the use of hand tools of the electronics trade, and skill in reading schematics.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least Eighteen (18) months of experience or training in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic systems or equipment. Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic equipment or systems. Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment. Experience in using complex test equipment such as deviation meters, complex special test panels, etc. Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability To Use Hand and Power Tools -Electronics
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Application Packet
(Click Link To Download) and other supporting documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume, application packet, and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
LANG HRO INBOX
LA ARNG UNIT TRAINING EQUIPMENT SITE VILLERE
34899 GRANTHAM COLLEGE ROAD
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Army National Guard
Website : http://www.arng.army.mil/