Capital One Financial Corporation
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Product Management - Small Business At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
If you have the drive for building amazing customer experiences which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! We are selectively recruiting a product leader to bring their experience in product development to position Capital One Small Business for breakout growth. As a Product Manager, you will work with data scientists, service designers, process engineers and developers to translate human insights and technology capabilities into customer-centric services. You will develop solutions to help us better serve Small Businesses and their employees.
What will you do?
- Build, own, and manage a product roadmap from features to prioritize to the next big thing
- Work on analytical business cases for features and product changes
- Work closely with engineering to deliver best-in-class software and a digital-first customer experience
- Team up with designers and business leaders to create experiences that are based on customer needs
- Participate and engage in market research
- Promote a modern approach to technology and cultivate innovation across teams
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge, passion and practical experience leading engineering teams in emerging technologies (Api's, Big Data, Native UI's, alternate payment rails)
- Grounding in human centered design with a natural empathy for consumers
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- Strategic thinking and the ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are a fantastic storyteller and are at ease presenting to senior executives
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and stock purchase program (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Industry-leading maternity and paternity leave policies
- A great working environment with a bunch of great people (early Bitcoin pioneers, ex-NASA engineers, and the authors of this job description)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3-5 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best known as one of the largest issuers of Visa and MasterCard credit cards in the US, but it also boasts a banking network of approximately 1,000 branches, mainly in New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, and the Washington, DC area. Subsidiary ING Direct offers online and direct banking without branches. Capital One, which serves more than 50 million customers in the US, Canada, and the UK, also has units that offer auto financing, write home loans, sell insurance, and manage assets for institutional and high-net-worth clients.