Strategic Resources, Inc.
Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full service provider with more than 30 years experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI is seeking energetic and experienced Military Family Life Counselors (MFLC). The successful candidate for the MFLC position will provide the full breadth of MFLC counseling services to military service members and their families at military installations. The CYB-MFLC provides in person, confidential, non-medical counseling services that benefit military children. The demands of military life may be most difficult for children, who may have to start over in new schools, have little or no control over where they go, and generally lack the coping skills of adults. CYB-MFLC s understand the issues military children face and can provide support to meet their individual needs. These services include non-medical, short term, walk around counseling, training/health and wellness presentations, execution of health fairs, and consultation to installation command regarding behavioral health issues. The counselors work closely with the installation and military branch Points of Contact (POC) to assure the program is within scope and meets the needs of the installation. MFLCs are usually based out of near a military installation, working out of a school, Child Development Center (CDC), camp, or Youth and Teen Center. Specific assignments will be determined upon contract award; locations are projected to include installations in almost all U.S. states/territories, as well as some foreign locations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Partners with and augments activities of Service Family Centers, Guard and Reserve programs (including Inter-Service Family Assistance Committees), unit family support staff officers, and other programs and services to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve families
* Identifies family needs and provides a \\get-well\\ plan in compliance with non-medical counseling scope
* Provides face to face non-medical problem solving counseling to Service Members and their Families when other resources are not available, makes appropriate referrals and transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of families and service members
* Consults with military commands and installation service providers as requested
* Consults with teachers, CDC providers, parents, and children regarding disruptive class behaviors
* Provides support to teachers, families, and students regarding deployment and reintegration
* Interacts with children and parents from the larger military community and Child and Youth Services (CYS), during special events, parent groups, and center activities (such as weekend basketball or soccer at the youth center)
* Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials and advises on requests for new or revised presentations by military leadership
* Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals made using appropriate reporting system
* May advise on curriculum development for delivery of service and in response to new presentation requests from military leadership
* Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge and on demand events, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager
* Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director
* Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participate in individual and group sessions to share information regarding trends and issues at their assigned installation
* Participates in regular in-service/training, Quality Improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
* Master s degree from an accredited graduate program in a mental health related field such as social work, psychology, marriage/family therapy, or counseling
* A valid unrestricted counseling license/certification from a State, the District of Columbia, a U.S. Commonwealth, or a U.S. Territory that grants authority to provide counseling services as an independent practitioner in their respective fields
* Minimum of two years full-time counseling experience post-licensure; documented counseling supervision, oversight, and management experience
* Understanding of the military lifestyle and the ability to work with Family programs and/or advocacy services, military or civilian social service agencies, and with Military Family Members
* Proven experience and qualifications in working with children in the identified age of the participants in the assigned youth programs, such as CDCs, schools or camps
* Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local resources and the ability to work with military and civilian medical, social service, law enforcement, and legal personnel on behalf of service members and their families
* Ability to develop trusting helping relationships and work effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
* Ability to intervene in crises using sound professional judgment, ethical practice, and common sense
* Ability to work independently to develop, implement, and evaluate safety and intervention plans to meet individual and family needs
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
Background/Security Clearance Requirements:
* Individuals in this position will be subject to government-sponsored background checks; some positions may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. All CYB-MFLCs shall undergo a background check in accordance with the latest version of DoD No. 1402.05, Criminal History Background Checks on Individual in Child Care Services.
New Castle, DE
Strategic Resources is an Equal opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to ACCOMMODATION@sri-hq.com or call 703-749-3040 to let us know the nature of your request.
Strategic Resources is a full service, national executive search firm specializing in senior-level executive search and Board of Director appointments. We also offer introductory services for M&A or strategic alliances. Our Mission To apply our services and expertise toward our clients' success by making immediate, distinctive and substantial impacts on their business performance. Our Vision We will be the "go to" firm for specialized executive search assistance nationwide, recognized for our professionalism, access to exceptional candidates and clients, and commitment to the highest levels of customer service. We will provide a solid resource base that is large enough to serve the needs of all our clients, while remaining small enough to care for the unique requirements of each one, as we work to bring people, companies and opportunities together. Our Values Above all, we value Ethics, supported by Integrity, Leadership and Professional Excellence.