Oregon Air National Guard
South Burlington, VT 05403
This National Guard position is for a Base Services Specialist
, Position Description Number **D2241000**and is part of the 158th Force Support Flight of the Vermont Air National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
1. Ensures Sustainment Services personnel and equipment mobility requirements are accomplished. Coordinates directly with squadron Unit Deployment Manager to ensure all readiness and ancillary requirements are complete. Provides oversight, analysis, and review of Services training requirements; consistent with Career Field Education and Training Plan (
) and master training plan standards. Reviews Air Reserve Component Network (ARCNet), Air Force Training Records (
), and/or other locally developed databases to verify required updates and training documentation is complete for each unit member.
2. Maintains thorough understanding of readiness reporting requirements and provides documentation of relevant sustainment services training statistics to applicable monitors for inclusion in associated reports. Systems include Status of Resource and Training System (
), Air Expeditionary Force Reporting Tool (
), and Defense Readiness Reporting System (
). Ensures personnel and equipment readiness standards are achieved through development and implementation of home station training programs. Ensures maintenance, serviceability, and accountability of deployment-ready equipment.
3. Analyzes historical data to develop subsistence requisitions in accordance with Air Force and Air National Guard standards. Submits approved requisitions through Subsistence Total Order Requisition Electronic System (
) web based application. Contacts Prime Vendor, Defense Logistics Agency, and Defense Finance and Accounting Service representatives to coordinate changes in requirements, modify subsistence catalogue, and correct errors or deficiencies related to food service program.
4. Provides input into creation and revision of base lodging operating instruction and applicable checklists or guides. Coordinates with contracting officer to establish formal contracts or Blanket Purchase Agreements with local hotels or with host installation agencies to support non-commuting members.
5. Serves as the subject matter expert for the base Mortuary Affairs Program. Coordinates local mortuary affairs program requirements with Active Duty base covering area of responsibility for inclusion in support agreement and/or memorandums of understanding. Prepares, provides, and tracks survivor assistance program training to wing leadership. Provides just in time training associated with mortuary requirements as needed.
#### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Managers, All Other
Training And Development Managers
Conditions of Employment
. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state’s National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Must be a member of the Vermont Air National Guard.
: To be determined based upon assignment of individual selected.
Compatible Military Assignments
Individuals may require a compatibility waiver dependent upon military assignment.
Must have a minimum of 12 months
experience, education or training in program or managerial experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to the position to be filled or in comparable work or functions. Experience developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of operations. Experience preparing written communications and oral presentations.
Applicants are not required to currently hold the 3M0X1
, however, a compatibility waiver may be required based upon the individual’s military
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
There are no specific educational requirements for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
Vermont Air National Guard personnel who are bonus recipients/student loan repayment program recipients may have their benefits terminated and/or recouped if selected as a Permanent/Indefinite Military Technician. Applicants should contact the
Incentive Manager at 802-660-5211 to determine any possible termination and/or recoupment actions that may result from accepting this position.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of food service, lodging, mortuary affairs, and unit training requirements.
2. Skill in applying data analysis and planning techniques to ensure adequate mission support.
3. Knowledge and skill in applying professional military communication, both written and verbal, at all organizational levels, utilizing diverse platforms.
4. Knowledge and understanding of all resource management principles in meeting mission readiness requirements.
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this po
To view full details and how to apply, please login
or create a Job Seeker account.
Oregon Air National Guard
Website : http://www.orport.ang.af.mil/