Capital One Financial Corporation
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Innovation Architecture Do you have a passion for architecting software solutions that leverage the latest technologies to deliver secure, reliable, resilient and scalable solutions? Capital One is seeking a
Director of Innovation Architecture
to transform our data ecosystem.
Acting as an internal consultant to the business, the ideal candidate will architect and design solutions that are strategic for the business and build on the latest technologies and patterns. Utilizing in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, open source technologies and data engineering, you will develop the strategy, achieve business and engineering buy-in, and monitor execution toward the target architecture across the enterprise.
As Director of Innovation Architecture, you will need to understand the technologies supporting areas such as:
* Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Streaming Technologies
* Columnar storage formats (column encoding and compression, bloom filters)
* High performance solutions (vectorization, task and data parallelism)
* Integration Patterns
* Open Source Software
* Defining technical software architectures to drive our business and technology strategies for best tools company wide
* Possess extensive working knowledge with architectural tools in broader technology community
* Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
* Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
* Being a technology thought leader and strategist
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 10 years of experience in a technology leadership position
* At least 5 years of experience in Software Architecture
* Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
* 10 years of experience as a Software Engineer
* 5 years of experience in Application Architecture
* 3 years of experience in data architecture
* Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
* Proven ability to set technical strategy, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy governing that area
* Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best known as one of the largest issuers of Visa and MasterCard credit cards in the US, but it also boasts a banking network of approximately 1,000 branches, mainly in New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, and the Washington, DC area. Subsidiary ING Direct offers online and direct banking without branches. Capital One, which serves more than 50 million customers in the US, Canada, and the UK, also has units that offer auto financing, write home loans, sell insurance, and manage assets for institutional and high-net-worth clients.