Help Duties Summary
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US citizens and Non-citizens within commuting area of Picatinny Arsenal, NJ including Morris, Passiac, Essex, Union, Somerset, Hunterdon, Warren and Sussex counties OR individuals willing to move to this geographic location at their own expense or are still able to commute to this location on a daily basis. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey. Nestled in the northern New Jersey Highlands, our team of more than 6,000 personnel includes Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, U.S. Federal employees and contractor personnel who lead in the research, development, acquisition and lifecycle management of advanced conventional weapon systems and ammunition.
This rural but active area of New Jersey is only 35 miles west of New York City. Locally, employees enjoy four seasons of recreation, outstanding night life, great schools, and a wonderful community atmosphere.
Picatinny FMWR provides valuable support to Service Members, Civilians, Retirees and Family members. Our team of nearly 250 employees ensure our Installation partners are well cared for through outstanding customer service and personal care. Our MWR portfolio includes Business, Recreation, Child and Youth Services (CYS) Programs.
Offering over 520,000 gallons of water adventure, Frog Falls Water Park is the happiest and most exciting place on Picatinny Arsenal! Our vibrant and professional team of lifeguards, water safety instructors, recreation aids, pool operators and managers deliver 101 days of summer fun for our 1,000 Annual Fee Members. The water park services over 50,000 guests each summer and hosts many special events, camps, and birthday parties.
If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging and fun work experience - Frog Falls offers it all!
This is an Open Continuous announcement, the first cut-off date for the announcement is January 8, 2018. After the initial cut-off, applicants will be referred on a bi-weekly basis.
Learn more about this agency
Work outdoor in Aquatics Park rain or shine.Must be a team player and have a good customer service, good communication and observation and self motivation.Ideal candidates would have previous Lifeguard experience
All summer employees are required to be available to work the full summer season (ending Labor Day). (ONE week of pre-approved vacation is permissible). Applicants must be available to work rotating shifts between the hours of 0700 through 2000, including weekdays, holidays, late evenings and weekends. This is a recurring position. The individual may return for each summer season.
Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for lifeguarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid as required. Full position description may be viewed by clicking on this link
Who May Apply This job is open to… US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
* Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
* Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
* Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: ****
2. Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period. Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
3. Fifteen(15) year old lifeguards must comply with the restriction of the DOL Child Labors Law (Jan 17, 2006).
4. All required certifications must be kept current.
5. Pre-employment physicals are required.
Must be available to work the entire summer employment period (through Labor Day).
Must be able to work weekends, weekdays, holidays and night duty if needed.
May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
Possesses and maintains or in the process of obtaining the following certifications:
* Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS)
* American Red Cross Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional
* CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); First Aid.
Certifications or proof that you are in the process of obtaining ARE required at the time of application to be considered!