Sonoco Products Company.
Plant Engineer (Maintenance Management)
Sonoco is seeking a Plant Engineer to run our maintenance department. This role manages and achieves the highest level of reliability for plant equipment and committed support for the Sonoco Performance System (SPS), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and strong ownership of the Maintenance Excellence process within their plant.
• We are seeking an individual experienced in the management of Reliability-centered maintenance processed that drives lower operational costs through improved uptimes, optimum labor and material spend, and increased equipment lifespan.
• This role is Champion of the Maintenance Excellence (ME) process. Serve as the Maintenance Excellence Leader for the Plant SPS (TPM) Steering Team. Develops and leads a team of employees to achieve Maintenance Excellence processes.
• Goal is to achieve Zero Breakdown losses by creating an environment where personnel are fully engaged, teamwork and cooperation is routinely practiced, and maintenance personnel embrace high standards for housekeeping, craftsmanship and equipment reliability.
• Implement a maintenance strategy that effectively utilizes proactive (preventive and predictive) maintenance techniques and performance monitoring to detect early equipment degradation, and employ timely, scheduled maintenance to prevent failure.
• Involve operators in the maintenance of their equipment. Improve operator equipment and maintenance knowledge by leading training to improve skills.
• Hold maintenance personnel accountable for adherence to established standards and management expectations. Reinforce favorable personnel behaviors and address performance shortfalls in a timely and professional manner.
• Develop and maintain a valuable partnership with local high schools, vocational and technical schools for future development and succession planning of skilled hourly associates according to corporate standards.
• Strong understanding of OSHA requirements related to equipment in-house. Ability to identify gaps and assist in developing/implementing countermeasures to achieve Zero Safety Incidents.
• Successfully leads the Maintenance Excellence pillar of SPS (can develop strategy and timeline to meet deadlines and requirements).
• Progressive in thought processes around continuous improvement.
Minimum education required:
o Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Engineering, or a related field preferred, not required
Minimum Experience (Preferred)
o 5 years of manufacturing maintenance experience with direct management of maintenance employees
o 5 years of supervisory manufacturing experience
o 5 years of military experience in a technical work field/engineering/TPM principles can substitute for some experience.
o Experience in TPM or Reliability field preferred.
o Experience with CMMS
Ability to build strong work teams and interact with cross functional groups
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
Sonoco Products Company.
Website : http://www.sonoco.com
Sonoco Products Company manufactures and sells industrial and consumer packaging products in the United States, Europe, and Canada. The company operates in four segments: Consumer Packaging, Paper and Industrial Converted Products, Display and Packaging, and Protective Solutions. The Consumer Packaging segment offers round composite cans, shaped rigid paperboard containers, fiber caulk/adhesive tubes, aluminum, steel, and peel able membrane easy-open closures for composite and metal cans; plastic bottles, jars, jugs, cups, and trays; and printed flexible packaging, rotogravure cylinder engraving, and global brand management products. The Display and Packaging segment offers point-of-purchase displays, custom packaging, fulfillment, primary package filling, supply chain management, and paperboard specialty products. The Protective Solutions segment provides engineered, custom-designed protective, temperature-assurance, and retail security packaging solutions. Sonoco Products Company was formerly known as Southern Novelty Company. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Hartsville, South Carolina.