Job Detail for
Military Personnel & Administrative Assistant
Job Location: **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., Belton, MO, 64012, USA
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Military Personnel Administra...
| Jobs In Military Perso...
| Jobs In Military ...
**About the Position:**
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician Program. This enables you to receive full Civil Service benefits and full Military Reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserve and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: 88th Regional Support Command (RSC), Reserve Personnel Action Center (RPAC) Belton, HUB MO001, Belton, Missouri.
Learn more about this agency
* Preparing correspondence and reports
* Providing technical advice
* Processing personnel or pay actions for Military
* Interpreting regulatory or procedural requirements
* Responding to soldiers regarding pay issues
* Training others on the use of automated systems
* Researching complex pay issues
* Advising Military on pay regulations and entitlements
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%
##### Supervisory status
* #### Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
### Conditions of Employment
* Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
* This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
**Who May Apply:**Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
* Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing clerical or administrative tasks such as preparing correspondence, filing and data entry; processing a variety of personnel or pay actions; and interpreting and/or applying regulatory or procedural requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
* Fundamentals and Operations of Military and Civilian Pay
* Oral Communication
* Personnel Action Processing and Recordkeeping
* Written Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
Applicants who are current Federal employees or who are eligible for Reinstatement may be able to qualify with experience equivalent to the second lower grade (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualifications requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
### Additional information
* Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
* You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
* Direct deposit of pay is required.
* Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
* If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
* This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position
* Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
* This position may be filled by temporary promotion, temporary reassignment, or temporary change to lower grade not to exceed 12 months.
* This temporary position may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:**
* Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
* If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
* For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
* For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
**2. Other supporting documents:**
* Cover Letter, optional
* Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
* **Proof of Eligibility to Apply:**Your application must include the documents which **prove you are eligible to apply** for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the **Who May Apply** section above to receive further consideration.
* **Time-in-grade documentation:**If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 05/11/2018 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click **Apply**to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application ( ****Search For Jobs Near Belton Mo 64012 Usa