Army National Guard
$28.52 to $33.27
Open & closing dates
$28.52 to $33.27 per hour
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
LOCATION: NGLA-JLO-MA (CSMS), PINEVILLE, LA
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment.
Open Areas of Consideration: 1
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 = Warrant Officer (CW3 and below) and Enlisted members of the Louisiana National Guard.
NOTICE: THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY: FEDERAL LAW REQUIRED ALL EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL PERSONS HIRED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
Learn more about this agency
Duties & Responsibilities:
(1) Troubleshoots, performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles. This may include self-propelled artillery, tracked cargo and personnel carriers, road graders, mobile cranes, front loaders, conveyors, bulldozers, power shovels, compressors, generators, tanks, tracked combat vehicles, sedans, buses, all terrain vehicles, trucks, semi trailers, forklifts, tractors, and accessory equipment. Troubleshoots, repairs and overhauls major systems to include internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic and non-automatic transmissions, heavy duty drive line systems, and hydraulic utility systems and controls. Makes repairs to assemblies and components such as voltage regulators, generators/alternators, brake cylinders, etc. Performs work in accordance with modification work orders, technical manuals, lubrication orders, maintenance bulletins, regulations or management policies. May repair a variety of more complex major systems to include engines, cross drive or similar multi-system transmissions and a variety of intricate fuel injection systems.
(2) Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools. Utilizes embedded diagnostics in equipment and a wide variety of original equipment manufacturer system analyzers in order to determine the exact nature or extent of repair. Determines what adjustments may be necessary to complete work orders, and whether any additional repairs other than those specified or indicated on the work order are necessary.
(3) Removes and disassembles engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems. Makes the appropriate repairs, overhaul, or modifications in accordance with the proper repair specifications and procedures. Reassembles engines and other systems, and adjusts, tests, and reinstalls in vehicles and equipment as necessary. Makes adjustments and repairs to electrical and suspension systems. May install pistons, sleeves, rings, bearings, rods, crankshafts, timing gears, and rocker arms.
(4) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
5801 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Maintenance
Conditions of Employment
1) National Guard Membership is required.
2) Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
3) Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
4) May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade prior to the effective date of placement. Selectee must also be in a compatible military assignment (MOS/AFSC) prior to or within one year of placement.
Military Grades: WARRANT OFFICER (CW3 and below) & ENLISTED
Compatible Military Assignments: WO (CW3 and below) = CMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 91, 92, 94, 882A;
ENL = CMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, 94;
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
***LOUISIANA NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS - Acceptance of this position may result in the loss of contracted incentive(s). For further details, contact the LANG State Incentive Manager, at (504) 278-8116 (ARMY) 391-8336 (AIR FORCE). ***
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must have experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least Eighteen (18) months of experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading), Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment, and Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
Background checks and security clearance
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
2. Application Packet
(Click Link To Download) and other supporting documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume, application packet, and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login
), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
Agency contact information
LANG HRO INBOX
LA ARNG CONSOLIDATED SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE SHOP
119 WEST RANGE ROAD
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when: An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period
Note: We cannot accept applications on behalf of Federal Agencies. Application instructions are listed within the Job Description.
Army National Guard
Website : http://www.arng.army.mil/