Capital One Financial Corporation
Locations: Sales - DC - Washington, United States of America, Washington, District of Columbia
At Capital One, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Vice President, Small Business Card Relationships
At Capital One, we dont hire people for positions-we hire people to build evolving, fulfilling careers.
Within the Spark Small Business Credit Card Team, we are Small BusinessProud! OurCustomer Development team works with Small Business owners to create long term, meaningful relationships to better understand their business and their entire B2Bwallet. Througha consultative approach, we are able to help Small Business Owners optimize the rewards and benefits they receive from their Spark Business Card.
We are committed to helping customers leverage our tools to lower the stress of financial management and increase the profitability of the bottom line. We aspire to become a trusted advisor, an informed teacher, and a concierge to guide and improve the confusing experience of owning, managing, and growing a small business.
To do this we must be accessible, we must be as dynamic and adaptive as their lifestyle is, and we must be present in the lives of these customers. So we have committed to building field-based regional teams that engage small businesses in their own communities and on their terms.
As a Vice President, Small Business Card you will be assisting small businesses to thrive and to grow the Spark brand in an industry changing way.The Vice President, Small Business Card will serve as a dedicated point of contact for Small Business SPARK Card Customers assisting them in utilizing SPARK to meet their current and future business needs. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and serve as an advocate for our customers. They will be innovative, highly organized, and have a measurable, demonstrated ability to drive business results while delivering superior service to our customers. Independent, results-driven, goal-oriented, self-starters will thrive within our organization.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Learn about local small businesses and their purchasing needs and behavior
- Analyze the small businesss total business spend to identify additional opportunities to leverage the Spark card
- Assist the business with incorporating the Spark card into their purchasing platform and bookkeeping software
- Teach them that their Spark card can be the primary vehicle in their buying cycle
- Reinforce the value proposition of the Spark card
- Follow up on small business referrals from existing client base
- Initiate and participate in educational and/or networking events
- Establish relationships with Centers of Influence in order to engage with the local small business community.
- Drive incremental charge volume on the Spark card with both existing clients and new clients
- Ability to secure appointments directly with clients and new prospects
- Ability to work virtually in a fast paced environment (Opportunities available nationwide)
- Compliant in all client activities and follow up through use of **************
- Bachelors Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of sales experience
- 5 years of outside customer sales experience as an individual contributor, driving new acquisition as well as managing a client portfolio
- 1 year of experience working with Small Businesses Customers
- 1 year of experience in the financial industry
- Proficiency using **************
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Capital One Financial Corporation
Website : http://www.capitalone.com
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best known as one of the largest issuers of Visa and MasterCard credit cards in the US, but it also boasts a banking network of approximately 1,000 branches, mainly in New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, and the Washington, DC area. Subsidiary ING Direct offers online and direct banking without branches. Capital One, which serves more than 50 million customers in the US, Canada, and the UK, also has units that offer auto financing, write home loans, sell insurance, and manage assets for institutional and high-net-worth clients.