Capital One Financial Corporation
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Product Management
Sr. Product Manager, Data Modernization
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
If you have the drive to build amazing products which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and impact the lives of our customers daily, we want you!
Our Card Data Transformation team is selectively recruiting a high energy, forward-thinking Sr. Digital Product Manager to lead Data Modernization, a critical part of the Card Business, with a deep focus on our customers and our technology.
We look for people who obsess over removing friction from the overall consumer experience and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment driven by both analysis and creativity. You are a strong Product leader who is selfless and invests in the success of your peers, managers and direct reports with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with intent owners and partner teams to strategically deliver an overall roadmap
- Work with our product manager community on broader strategy, align dependencies and releases for related products, and contribute to the best practices of our product team
- Define and report on key delivery and value metrics
- Creatively and iteratively deliver value that minimizes uncertainty and mitigates risk
Characteristics were looking for:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Ability to proactively identify impediments on the critical path and remove them
- Excellent communication skills to engage an organization of multiple specialties, and tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and compliance challenges
- Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5 years experience building and launching consumer data applications on web and mobile platforms
- 5 years experience building and managing a roadmap
- 7 years experience with agile product development
- At least 3 years of experience with external microservices architecture
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud- based technology
- At least 3 years of experience building features for cloud-based Products
- At least 3 years of experience applying analytical rigor to support technology investment decisions
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Masters degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3-5 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Capital One Financial Corporation
Website : http://www.capitalone.com
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is best known as one of the largest issuers of Visa and MasterCard credit cards in the US, but it also boasts a banking network of approximately 1,000 branches, mainly in New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, and the Washington, DC area. Subsidiary ING Direct offers online and direct banking without branches. Capital One, which serves more than 50 million customers in the US, Canada, and the UK, also has units that offer auto financing, write home loans, sell insurance, and manage assets for institutional and high-net-worth clients.